Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sweaty Stuff

So I should be cleaning, decorating our Christmas tree, doing homework or something constructive, but instead I’m watching Ellen and finally blogging after forever and a half. And what a topic I have for anyone reading this today…. Ready?

 It’s….. Sweat.

Yep, that’s right. Sweat.

Strange topic to blog on, absolutely, but I must write what’s been rolling around in my head for the last few hours or I cannot move on to the more constructive items I need to do.

I’ve always had a hate/hate relationship with sweat. I over-sweat all the time. I have to be careful about tops that I buy because certain colors, materials etc. and I will sweat through them before I get to where I’m going.

It’s embarrassing, but I deal with it… and until a recent conversation with a girlfriend, I thought I was the only one who had this problem.

So I battle with the problem that I have been handed. I work around it, I make do.

I have tried a wide array of different deodorants, liners etc. All to no avail.

I have hated this problem and been embarrassed by it for as long as I can remember And, I should point out that when I sweat in tops, I don’t smell, but it is noticeable, as you can imagine.

Today as I was leaving the gym, I looked at myself and noticed the noticeable rings of sweat marks around my shirt… and I felt pride.

Pride that I continue to push myself over and over at the gym in the goal of losing weight, maintaining health and continuing to make goals, meet them and set new ones.

Pride that I worked out so hard that I sweat through my shirt.

Pride that I went to the gym on a Sunday, when I could have stayed in all day long eating Oreos.

I had my first prideful moment regarding my sweat, and I had to share.

You’re welcome.

Random ramblings from my mind to your eyes,

Cari

No comments:

Post a Comment