Tuesday, March 9, 2010

VACATION!

Whoa I haven't wrote in my blog for a couple weeks!

The last couple weeks have been busy and fun ones. The last weekend of February David, the kids and I traveled to St. Joseph, MI and went to the Children's Museum. What a blast! The kids absolutely loved it and it was a fun day all around!

Saturday March 6 David and I went to BestBuy as I got a reward certificate for $65 and I bought Super Mario Bros. for the Wii as well as some ink and a battery charge pack for the Wii. David and I stayed up super late playing Super Mario Bros.... well super late for us, like 12:30 am..... It is a blast!!! We both suck at it, but it is still a great time!

We've been staying at Grizzly Bear Lodge in Starved Rock, Utica, IL since Sunday this week. It has been so much fun!! Tonight is the last night we are here... tomorrow morning we head for home and the twins are going to Scott and Jessica's through Monday when they will start their regular week with me. Blythe is going to stay at my mom's on Thursday while David and I travel to a surprise location for him!

These last couple days have been wonderful! Sunday evening we got here, unloaded and went into the waterpark and then over to Enchanted Forest, amusement park and rode a lot of rides such as the Tilt A Whirl and a carousel, a snake type child rollercoaster. Monday we went to the waterpark first thing in the morning and then hiked to three waterfalls in Starved Rock. We went to dinner in Peru, IL and came back for more waterpark/amusement park fun. Today (Tuesday) we waterparked in the morning after breakfast, then hiked to a couple more waterfalls, had a quick lunch/dinner in Ottawa, IL then came back for amusement park/waterpark.

My favorite memories of this trip will be the Lazy River races between David and Johnny and me and the girls; after hiking to the first waterfall which was kind of icy and have Gracie start chanting to herself "Stay calm, Gracie"; John dancing in Jalepenos (restaurant) during lunch; Blythe finally going on the Tilt A Whirl; Blythe keeping a journal of everything we did; all of us going on a rollercoaster that I normally wouldn't ride on; sleeping in til 9 am; spending quality time with David and my children.

I'm planning on coming back over Mother's Day weekend so that we can hike while all the waterfalls are flowing.... the kids really enjoyed walking through the forests, sandstone and jumping over creeks. I'm so very happy that we did this!

I'll post soon after David's surprise and definitely intend to be better about writing in this blog twice a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment