Saturday, November 6, 2010

Fall Frenzy

Well I've been terrible about writing in this blog since the end of the spring semester. I'd like to blame busy-ness, but I definitely really want to make a commitment to blog more often. Next semester I'll be in English 102 and so I plan on blogging those papers. Here's a quick recap of May thru November: Got engaged! West Virginia, DISNEY!, Moved to a fantastic house!, Got through MA 111 in the Summer with an A~Woohoo!!, started Fall Semester in classes of Sociology online (LOVE it!), Spanish 102, Alg/Trig (Eek!) and IDIS - Great Issues, got some amazing family pictures taken, threw the kids a fantastic birthday party and followed it up with a wonderful Halloween party! I love throwing parties in the new house and am so proud of everything that we have. Oh I bought a Honda Pilot as well after months of dealing with car
dealerships and salesmen! I also started working at Merrion & Associates, which I really enjoy!

David took the civil service exam to be a firefighter earlier this year and then did the physical portion this summer, and just had the interview today! I'm hoping the MC Fire Commission see what a great asset he would be! Cross fingers!!!!

I've made some great new friends this fall semester, as well have continued strong friendships from Spring! My friend Maggie and I are starting an Unofficial Biggest Loser competition Sunday November 7 so I have spent the last week eating everything I won't be eating for the next 6 weeks! I'm really excited to start and very hopeful that with the motivation of a friend I will be successful with losing weight. Plus the bonus of possibly winning the cash prize! One thing I'm not looking forward to is getting up so early to work out, but I really believe it's the only time I will for sure work out, before the kids get up!

The kiddos are doing well, Blythe has made new friends this year and has recently struggled with some science and social studies but ended up with an A and a B in them on her report card! She has decided to stop doing karate and wants to do tennis, dance or gymnastics. I'm bummed she wants to stop karate because I love the school and the Sensei's. They are truly great people. Grace has stopped as well, but John is still going and incredibly enjoying it! David is doing it too but right now with my school schedule I just don't have time to commit to it in the evenings. I'm thinking when I'm on school breaks I will go.

Next semester I'm taking 5 classes (EEEk!), History, English 102 (with Roger Bell), Spanish 201 (with Adeline & Estelle), Psychology (online, Heather is also taking same course!) and Statistics (with Heather and Candice).

I'm working on writing an Anti-Bullying Program letter for the area schools, last week was soooo busy with 3 exams, multiple papers and everything else! I'm hoping this week I can get it published and polished and sent to the area schools. I would love to be involved with something in this vein, or something to do with fighting against inequality. I'm not sure what that is yet, but I'm sure I will figure it out!

Dogs going crazy, finishing up a Say Yes to the Dress and planning to head to the laundrymat! Must be better about being regular in blogging! I hope to have lots of happiness regarding weight loss posts weekly!

No comments:

Post a Comment