Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's been a busy week with John's breathing treatments, doctor's appointments, class, karate and everything else, but we are doing good and relatively on track. Friday was Blythe's first dance at school and she was so excited! It was fun, though some parts of it could be better organized. Gracie and Blythe definitely shook their groove thing throughout the 2 hour dance.

Yesterday (Saturday) I took the girls and we headed to Mamaw's and Papaw's for Great Grandma Reva's 82nd birthday and Michael's 1st birthday. I love seeing family and having everyone around. I was immensely bummed that John and therefore David was not able to come but we still had fun. I brought Aspen who acted like a psychotic dog until the last 20 minutes when she just laid around like, "What? Have I been the psycho-est dog ever?" She's so cute.

I walked in the house to see a jewelry bag on the coffee table. Oh, how I love jewelry! David gave me my Valentine's present a day early, a gorgeous diamond band (LOVE IT) and I gave him his Fossil watch also as Grace spilled the beans, then looked at me saying I'm sorry Mommy :). David said John had been asking him to look at watches all day so he kind of already knew. He liked the watch, which I was glad for... I spent 30 - 45 minutes in the store trying to pick one out... There are so many options and I don't wear a watch so it makes it all that more difficult to choose one for my honey.

We spent the evening together watching Adventures in Babysitting which I love and now want to own. I had ordered it through the library a month or so ago. They had had it but it was never returned so they had to re-order it. I remember loving the movie but had my doubts as I recently watched Hairspray 1988 and cringed throughout the entire movie. Terrible! David always teases me about my selections as we watched Best in Show together and he hated it! The kids hadn't seen it and David had forgotten almost everything about the movie, so we all really enjoyed it. I love times like that, us all on the couch watching a movie, laughing together, eating popcorn.

Mostly I love the not bickering. Or having to say the same thing over and over again. I know I need to learn to let go of that because it's not going to change and most likely will get way worse before it gets better, it just weighs on me and some times more than others. I think that's natural though!

Today we are going to have french toast and sausage for breakfast (though I need to go get bread and now another sausage since I left it on the counter all night!), quesidilla for lunch (for grace) and steak and fish with salad and bread tonight for dinner. I want to watch Hairspray all together before kids go to bed so that it can be fresh in my mind when I bunker down and get a more acceptable draft of my movie review done.

Thursday is looming in my mind on the 2nd draft of my movie review of Hairspray is due. I'm really having a hard time writing it which I don't get because I love the movie and we all know I'm opinionated :). I'm going to push forth and get it done! I have to do some Math and Spanish homework today too, just a little bit for both, but I like to try and do it continuously so it sinks in to my brain.

Oh, I started PUSH by Sapphire last night and was disturbed by Page 2. I'm only to page 33 and it's 139 pages but it's very disturbing and at the same time really really good. Push was made into that movie Precious, which to be honest I'm not sure I can see based on the book but the book is good, just shocking and so wrong what the parents did to Precious continually. So far I would suggest you read it, as an adult. I'll keep you up to date!

Well enough babbling for me for right now, have to go get my babies some sausage!

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment