Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ah College Life!

I never know how to start writing. I sit here staring at the computer screen for a few minutes before starting to write this blog entry thinking where do I start and what do I say? And look at that run on sentence I just created!

Classes are going well. Yesterday was the first day of my 3 other classes. I went early as parking seems to fill up very fast and I needed to buy my books for my first two classes. My Spanish class and Computer Lit class are only 15 minutes apart from the end of the first to the beginning of the 2nd, but luckily they are in the same building. My Spanish book comes in a loose leaflet format that you need a binder for and My Computer Lit book is Ginormous! I thought I was going to die lugging that up 3 floors to Spanish, plus my other book and laptop! I should be in shape in no time!

Spanish class was fun and I am hopeful that I pick it up as easily as I picked up French and German in high school. I still have Spanish homework to do (learn to spell my name in Spanish by tomorrow) and I have a Spanish learning buddy, Andrea. Computer Lit seems like it'll be the easiest class I have this semester and is just what I wanted it to be! We will go over Word 07, Excel, Outlook and Power Point. I've worked with Outlook, Word and Excel for years but I know there is stuff I don't know. I know nothing about Power Point and it daunts me to be honest so I'm really excited for that class!

I have about a 2 hour break between Computer Lit and English. I purchased my Algebra and English book and lugged it out to my car with my other massive books! The lunch at the cafeteria is fabulous and the whole campus has free wifi so I spent my time farming, listening to 20 year olds wondering if I was ever that shallow and dreading English!

I love to read but writing is just not my forte. Anyone following this knows that talking is! The English Prof is stricter than the other teachers it seems and the class seems that it'll be very work intensive. He suggested we blog or write every day so at least I was on the right track with that. I'm definitely going to be relying on David and my sissy to be my finest critics.... though I'm unsure they realize this! Surprise! Love you!

After class David, Blythe and I ran around, went out to dinner and went to our favorite store, Walmart. After Biggest Loser (American Idol recorded in DVR) I started in on my math homework and finished it up this morning. I'm not fond of fractions! I really like the online Math homework, it really helps you, gives you examples of different problems or helps you solve it and then gives you a similar problem to work on.

I finished Shopaholic and Baby last night. I wanted to finish it the night before but realized I had more than 100 pages and just couldn't force myself to stay awake to finish it up! Great book, I love Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood). I hope the author keeps coming out with more!

I have a Sandra Brown book up next. She is such a good author. I used to read her romance novels and then she turned into a suspense/romance writer and they are so good I usually have a hard time putting them down. I recently read her newest book, Rainwater, which was Excellent! It wasn't a suspense, quite a different book than what she's put out over the last few years but it is so good! I highly recommend that or any of her other books!

David is home for lunch so I'm off to have lunch with him before back home to study Spanish and reading my English Guide to Writing assignment! Class at 4 for Algebra!

Happy Wednesday to you!
C

No comments:

Post a Comment