Monday, January 11, 2010

First one of many!

Welcome to my blog! I've wanted to create a blog for some time but wasn't sure what I would say that I don't already say on Facebook. I started college today and one of my first 4 classes is English composition. I have never felt that I was a strong writer and so creating a blog is my way of trying to become a better writer. I want to write about college, kids, books I've read and want to read, get friend and family feedback on books that they loved and want to read, movies, places to go and things to see!

December 18 was my last day at Chicago Title of Michigan and the few weeks between work and starting college were really busy! I enjoyed my first Christmas in my home with David, the kids, my parents and Grandma. I stayed at my parents for New Years Eve and spent time visiting friends and family. I worked on my dad's estate, got organized, spent time with the kids, read great books and got ready for school. Oh and I farmed... of course!

Today I only had one class at college, Introductory to Algebra. I enjoyed Algebra in high school but high school was long ago and I love my calculator! The class was small in size and the professor was laid back and easy going. We covered a lot in our first class but it made sense so that made me feel pretty good. I'm sure I won't be saying that in the future chapters, but I'm choosing to remain optimistic. Tomorrow I have 3 classes starting at 9:30, Spanish, Computer Literacy and English 101.

When I got home from class Poor Blythe was sick on the couch. I feel so bad for her, she's already had the flu. I'm hoping that it's a 24 hour bug. Hopefully the twins don't get sick. They went to their dad's starting today for the week.

I'm currently reading the Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. I'm on the 4th and final book of the series, Shopaholic & Baby. I would highly recommend the series to anyone and everyone. Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) is hilarious and her antics are sure to make you laugh out loud while reading the books! I enjoyed the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic and the books are an utter delight! Please share what you are reading or have read that you enjoyed!

Aspen is pushing against me for attention so I'm signing off for now!




No comments:

Post a Comment