Sunday, January 17, 2010

Lovely Weekend!

Buenas tardes!

Wow! What a great weekend! Saturday morning we took Blythe to the Niles Ice Festival.... It reminds me of Frankenmuth's ice exhibit, although it was unlike Frankenmuth in the fact it didn't take us Hours to drive thru the small town! It had some great exhibits though and Blythe really enjoyed it! I took lots of pictures and will add later this week!

Blythe went with Mamaw and Papaw and David and I took off to St. Charles, IL. We stayed in a nice resort in St. Charles. It was hideous on the outside, just brown and blah but inside it was super nice! It's on a golf course and has 3 pools inside as well as a spa and a theater. We enjoyed a hot tub, massage, dinner and a Beatles tribute. We both really enjoyed the Beatles Tribute! They were spot on and the band did numerous costume changes along with the Beatles' real life. I took lots of pictures and a few videos which I'll try uploading later this week in this blog (as well as Facebook). The show was 2 1/2 hours long but it didn't feel like it!

This morning we had a disgusting breakfast at IHOP where we were served what was supposed to be bacon but bore no resemblance to my favorite breakfast side dish. And I'm not even the bacon snob that David is! However I do give David credit in knowing his bacon. I would buy whatever was on sale and he was insistent on the Oscar Mayer Center Cut Bacon. So delicious I can see why! I usually only buy it on sale or at Walmart where it is priced right in comparison to Meijer where we routinely grocery shop.

David and I have been thinking about vacations with the kiddos and I think we are going to look into going to the Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky. It's only a couple hours away and the kids would just go gaga over an indoor waterpark! Plus they have some great deals during the winter!

I am feeling good about my classes, other than English. I did Algebra in the car to and from St. Charles in the book and then finished up my homework online for Wednesday's class. I have to do my spanish homework tomorrow and I think I got my spanish alphabet down. I say it all the time in my head and last night dreamt of having a conversation in spanish.

All in all it was a great weekend and tomorrow I'll be getting up early to go to a kick off with the girls at the Chicago Title in Northwest Indiana. It's a bit after 11, so I'm going to sign off for now!

Hasta pronto!

Cari Holmes Clifton de Adams
(formal Spanish name) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment