Thursday, January 14, 2010

Literacy Narrative

I have a literacy narrative due as a First Draft by January 26. The paper needs to be about What has made me into the reader/writer I am today? After a couple of pages of ideas/frustrations/nerves about writing a paper written down I think I'm going to go with how Motherhood has changed me as a reader, making me a more emotional person and able to
connect more and relate more to books.

I want to use The Shack as a support to this topic as I would never have related to the book or reacted to the book the way I did prior to children. The Shack has affected me more than any other book that I've read to date. Children do change you and your entire being. I don't think I would recognize me now as I am 8 years ago.

I talked with my English Prof about it and he didn't seem super enthused on the idea, maybe I didn't convey it right. I was a bit peeved about that because I think I could write a good paper about it and it's something that I know and is true to myself as a person.

We had an impromptu essay today and the professor asked us to write regarding the best tv program or worst tv program. I wrote about The Biggest Loser. How it is an inspiration to thousands and millions of people and what enjoyment I get out of it. The professor urged us to think of a catchy title to this as well as any paper we had in. It's something I hadn't thought about before. Write an essay, ok. Write a creative title? Darn :). Surprising myself I think I did come up with a catchy title today for my essay though which was "Why I love Losers!"

Today was a busy day and I'm still trying to adjust to everything I have to do and get a scheduled down! I'm off to farm to relax and then head into some homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment